Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday. I always feel grateful for the amazing people in my life, but on birthdays it's extra apparent how loved I truly am. I got so many well wishes from family and friends and, sure, most of the time it's just a Facebook post, but that still means a lot.

And of course, no one is better at showing me love and affection than my dear husband. He took me out to dinner at Caminito Argentinean Steakhouse in Northampton. It's just a little hole in the wall place that I picked on a whim. And it was amazing! I got the Bife con Gorgonzola (described as "our chef's favorite, 13oz NY sirloin, topped with gorgonzola garlic butter, chive mashed potato, and grilled asparagus wrapped in prosciutto") and Josh got the Bife "El Gaucho" (which was a "16oz thick-cut ribeye steak, served with chive mashed potato and sautéed vegetable of the day, finished with a rich veal demi glaze"). We both agreed it was the best steak we'd ever eaten -- salted, seasoned, and grilled to perfection! My mouth is watering just writing about it.

After dinner, we walked across the street to Herrell's Ice Cream, a handmade ice cream joint that is locally famous for their good quality. They have all the standards and they rotate in seasonal flavors. I got my usual, mudpie, which is coffee ice cream with oreo cookies and fudge ripple. It's a standard here, but I people generally haven't heard of it outside of New England. Josh got pumpkin cheesecake, which he certainly seemed to enjoy.

And then we came home! It was a pretty low-key birthday, but it was still pretty awesome. Thank you everyone who thought of me. I certainly appreciate the love -- and I'm sending it right back at'cha!

No comments:

Post a Comment